Denfeld’s 2017 Homecoming King and Queen

Miracle Moore, Staff Reporter

It’s about that time, Denfeld students and staff! Fall Ball is coming up fast, and our 2017 Homecoming King and Queen are both exceptional, as always. Emma Schiltz and Robert, both 17, have been involved in many student activities throughout their high school careers.

Raised in Milwaukee, Rob moved to Duluth in 2007 at age 7 and played basketball throughout his middle school career. However, we all know him as number 30 for our very own Denfeld Hunters. As a kid, Rob aspired to be a professional athlete. Now, he’s contemplating a career in graphic design and waiting on a response from University of Tampa.  “I love being at Denfeld because there’s such a warm atmosphere. I have a pretty chill life; I’m going to miss it.”

Emma, born and raised right here in Duluth, is definitely a super star student. Throughout her life she’s participated in many extracurricular activities and sports including figure skating, softball, volleyball, theater, Link Crew, chamber choir, NHS and a few more. She’s also one of our 2017 Superfans.  “I can’t believe I’m here (homecoming queen)…It’s like one of those things you see on TV as a kid and think, Woah, that would be so cool! And then it happened to me,” said Emma.

Our king and queen have some advice to give underclassmen as well! Rob says, “It’s important to know that grades are really important,” and, “Don’t value other people’s opinion. Just do your own thing.”

Emma had a few things to say during an interview as well. “Take risks, talk to new people, explore new things you’re not used to!”

We might have lost our Homecoming football game, but we’re definitely winning in the King and Queen department. Catch Emma and Rob in our upcoming play High School Musical as Gabriella and Troy!