First home lacrosse game

Braden Emanuelson, Section Editor

The first home game for the Duluth Wolfpack is against Sartell on Saturday April 22nd. There wasn’t much of a student section so we should really fix that. This is only the second home opener in team history considering before 2016 lacrosse was not a high school sport here in Duluth it was only played at the club level. The junior varsity game was at one o’clock. After a good hour warm up the team was looking sharp. Paul Foldesi took the starting face off and won it. The face off team only lost one face off the whole game. The JV team went onto win nine to one. Simply put worked Sartell. Varsity looked like it was going to be the same way, Wyatt Carlson of east high school was winning every face off.

Your Wolfpack scored the first goal of the game but Sartell came back to school quickly after. After that the boys kicked it into gear it was a very fast paced game, lots of shots on fast breaks good ball movement to create open chances for the Wolfpack. The boys had the ball a lot of the time and by possessing that helped draw lots of penalties and with that comes man up opportunities. On one of the man up opportunities sophomore Will Smyth of East high school ripped an absolute scorcher bar down for probably one of the nicest goals of the game. The game would eventually end in a 14-2 win with both freshman Jayden Erie of Denfeld high school and sophomore Jackson Hill of East high school scoring four goals. Senior captain Jacob Herold of Denfeld, senior captain Wyatt Carlson of East, junior Costa Gomez and sophomore Josh Johnson all pitched in on the scoring as well. A good start to the 2017 home season.