Denfeld Golf Team

Nathan Stojevich, Staff Reporter

The Denfeld golf team got off to an early start this season with little snowfall coming over the winter the golf courses were able to melt and be open for an early season. This year they didn’t have to practice in the gym with foam balls or go to Adventure Zone for mini putt. This had the team out on the driving range shooting buckets of balls and playing rounds of golf at Enger Golf course. Denfeld has a young team and a small team which allows every member to play during meets and get a lot of practice.

The Denfeld Hunters golf team has 8 different players on their team all boys.The team has two and eighth graders Nate Burke Cyrus, one freshmen, Dylan Jouppi, two sophomores, Jacob Johnson Caleb Simota, two juniors, Ben Emmel and Parker Radig and one senior, Jon Harstad. Jon is the only senior on the golf team this year and he is also the captain of all the boys on the team he has been on the Denfeld golf team since he was an eighth grader. Paul Sandholm is the coach for the boys. At meets the Hunters play six guys and the top four scores are what represent the team for that meet. The team is then placed against the other team based on those four scores. Denfeld placed seventh out of ten teams in their first meet this season at Grand National golf course in Hinckley Minnesota.

Getting the Hunters season off to an early start they had a lot of time to get prepared and ready for the upcoming season. Placing seventh in their first meet of the year the team is eager to move up through the season. Some things to work “ we need to work on our short game” said senior captain Jon Harstad. With denfeld having a young team there are years for the hunters to become even better players than they are. Denfeld is ready to drive their way through their next meet in Grand Rapids at Pokegama lake golf course.