Start of Baseball season

Braden Emanuelson, Section Editor

With spring in the near future, baseball tryouts are underway. They took place in the Denfeld gym on Monday March 20th and Tuesday the 21st. At the tryouts things like pitching, batting, fielding,speed and agility all took place. Practices started immediately the day after tryouts which was a big surprise for kids that aren’t used to high school sports. After only losing two key seniors in Tanner Richey and Adam Shykes last year. Your Denfeld Baseball team is looking good with a strong senior pitching rotation with names like Brody Russell and Cody brown. “We should be a pretty good team, a solid defense and a good hitting team throughout the whole line up” said captain Brody Russell. Logan Jasper, Brad Macdougall and Ben Gibson are just some of the big sluggers on the team, but all batters have the ability to hit it out of the park.

On Tuesday April 11th, the boys played highland park which is located in south Saint Paul. They routed them 13 to three with big pitching performances from Cody Brown and Isaak smith. Brad Mcdougall and Logan Jasper both hit bombs over the fence that game as well. Logan Jasper went there for five with six RBIs and Brad Macdougall went three for four with two doubles. Those home runs were the first home runs hit for the Hunters in five years. The team is looking strong. During that game Isaak smith didn’t let up any hits in his two innings pitched and earned the save.  On April 15th, the boys played against the Princeton Tigers and earned yet another win. Your Hunters had a strong offensive first inning while putting in four runs which helped pitcher Brody Russell settle in. Brody pitched 5.1 innings and only allowed five hits and had three strikeouts. Brody was pulled from the game when the score was five to four Hunters. Cody Brown came into the game to try and save it. He pitched a shutout in the fifth inning and again in the sixth. The boys put five more runs home in the sixth inning with big RBIs from Brad Macdougall. That put the game well out of reach considering the pitching staff the Hunters have. The Hunters are three and zero going into the season.